The HHD Swing Bed Program enables you or your loved one to recover here ‘at home’ after surgery or hospitalization and provides a transition period between hospitalization and your return home.
Many times after surgery or hospitalization, a recuperation and strengthening period is needed before returning home.
- Are you getting ready for surgery?
- Do you need extra time to increase your strength after a hospital stay?
- Do you want to be closer to home while you recover?
Do I have to qualify to be admitted to the Swing Bed Program?
Some qualifications include:
- Ongoing skilled nursing
- Ongoing rehabilitative services such as physical therapy after a joint/hip replacement or back surgery
- Long term inpatient IV antibiotic therapy
What makes the Swing Bed Program unique to me?
- A customized plan is developed just for you to meet the goals set forth by your physician and therapist
- You must continue to show improvement on a daily basis
- Ongoing discharge planning
What does a typical day look like?
- Dress in your own clothes
- Eat all meals in the dining room
- Meet with the therapist(s)
- Attend activities of your choosing
- Visits with family and friends
Will I see a physician every day?
- Your immediate need for physician contact is minimal. However, you will have access to and regular visits by a physician.
Ask your physician about the HHD Swing Bed Program or, please contact us at (970)774-6123.